Oregon’s community hospitals are committed to working together to produce high-quality patient care to all the patients that access their services. Our mission is to share best-practices, work across boundaries, and create a safe and transparent environment for effective clinical change and improvement. Hosptials4Health is a patient-centered focus on delivering high-quality care to all who seek it.
Health care is a unique experience each and every time it is delivered. Working together is a proven way to minimize mistakes and improve outcomes for the patients. Our collaborative approach also puts patients at the center. We are all participants in delivering high-quality health care.
Framework for Success
Modeled from the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) six quality aims, Hospitals4Health has aligned its projects and initiatives with this framework.
- Safe: avoiding injuries to patients from the care that is intended to help them.
- Effective: providing services based on scientific knowledge to all who could benefit, and refraining from providing services to those not likely to benefit.
- Patient-centered: providing care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.
- Timely: reducing waits and sometimes harmful delays for both those who receive and those who give care.
- Efficient: avoiding waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, ideas, and energy.
- Equitable: providing care that does not vary in quality because of personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity, geographic location, and socioeconomic status.