Tuality Healthcare recently finished a nine-month seismic upgrade project to prepare the hospital’s infrastructure for an earthquake. Eight-inch concrete walls were installed to connect the original1950s structure with newer building add-ons. The Oregon Office of Emergency Management supplied a grant to help fund the project. With this upgrade, Tuality Healthcare is equipped to serve the community during a seismic event.
- State Highlights: Colo. House Approves Telehealth Bill; Texas Senate Renews Push To Keep Funds From Planned Parenthood January 29, 2015A selection of health policy stories from Colorado, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Florida, Idaho, Michigan and California.
- Anthem’s Profits Boosted By Medicaid Expansion January 29, 2015The giant insurer reports that it exceeded enrollment expectations for 2014, mostly as a result of government programs, including the health law's expansion of Medicaid in more than two dozen states.
- Pharma, Insurers Fire Opening Shots In Medicare Part D Rebate Battle January 29, 2015Nearly 400 groups, including a coalition of drugmakers and insurers, sent an open letter to House lawmakers warning against forcing drugmakers to give Medicare rebates to low-income beneficiaries. The letter comes shortly before the Obama administration will release its annual budget proposal.
- State Highlights: Colo. House Approves Telehealth Bill; Texas Senate Renews Push To Keep Funds From Planned Parenthood January 29, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 9 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago