Tuality Healthcare recently finished a nine-month seismic upgrade project to prepare the hospital’s infrastructure for an earthquake. Eight-inch concrete walls were installed to connect the original1950s structure with newer building add-ons. The Oregon Office of Emergency Management supplied a grant to help fund the project. With this upgrade, Tuality Healthcare is equipped to serve the community during a seismic event.
- Viewpoints: GOP Plan Could Hurt CHIP; Abusing Painkillers; Privacy Issues And Genetic Testing March 2, 2015A selection of opinions on health care from around the country.
- Antipsychotic Drugs Overused For Dementia Patients March 2, 2015Federal investigators are recommending that Medicare reduce unnecessary psychiatric prescriptions for seniors suffering from dementia, reports The New York Times. Another report finds that more than a quarter of children taken from their homes and put in foster care aren't getting required medical care.
- When Health Care Is Far From Home March 2, 2015The biggest barrier to treatment for residents of a tiny town in the mountains of Northern California isn’t insurance coverage-- it’s distance.
- Viewpoints: GOP Plan Could Hurt CHIP; Abusing Painkillers; Privacy Issues And Genetic Testing March 2, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 10 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago