- Research Roundup: Patient Costs And Medicaid; ER Co-Payments January 30, 2015Each week, KHN compiles a selection of recently released health policy studies and briefs.
- Commission Urges Change In Military Health And Pension Plans January 30, 2015The congressionally mandated commission recommended doing away with the centerpiece of the military health system and instead giving military families and retirees a choice of private-sector plans.
- Scrutiny Given To Surgeries To Relieve Blockages In Arms, Legs January 30, 2015Some are questioning the necessity of these treatments, which can be done in doctors' offices and are very lucrative. Meanwhile, federal regulators say they will ease up on an electronic health records program in response to complaints from doctors' groups and medical homes show mixed results after one year.
- Research Roundup: Patient Costs And Medicaid; ER Co-Payments January 30, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 9 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Author Archives: Andy Van Pelt
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
A new cadre of smart phone users now has access to their OHSU patient records thanks to a new Android application. Last year, the MyChart application was released for Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads. Now Android users have access to their health … Continue reading
Over the past year, Samaritan Albany General Hospital (SAGH) has partnered with Aligning Forces for Quality, an initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, aimed at increasing the overall health of the community. SAGH has chosen to focus on reducing … Continue reading
New Oregon hospital data from the Hospital Compare patient safety measures data set has been added to our website. In addition to updating the existing categories, patients being treated for a heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, asthma (children only) or … Continue reading
Sky Lakes Medical Center in Klamath Falls
In 2008, the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS) launched its Hand Hygiene initiative, “Help Us Help You.” Over the years this program has focused on empowering individuals to ask questions of their health care providers regarding hand … Continue reading
Alexandra Wilson Pecci, for HealthLeaders Media , September 28, 2011 Duane Francis knew he had to give a frontline caregiver program a shot when his chief nursing officer first brought it to his attention. “It was right in our wheelhouse,” … Continue reading