- State Highlights: N.H. Explores Why Its Health Care Costs Are High, Rising; Calif. Lawmakers To Weigh Open Health Care Data April 24, 2015News outlets cover health care issues in New Hampshire, California, New York, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Illinois and Maryland.
- State Lawmakers Look For Ways To Blunt Rising Drug Prices April 24, 2015A growing number of state legislatures are weighing bills to force drug makers to disclose their costs to justify price increases. Meanwhile, Quest Diagnostics reports revenue growth while AstraZeneca's profit falls as a patent expires on its bestselling heartburn drug.
- $10B VA Health Care Choice Program Has Disappointing Results April 24, 2015The program was supposed to shorten waiting lists by allowing patients to switch to private-sector doctors. Meanwhile, a Florida congressman has introduced legislation that would make it easier to fire Veterans Affairs employees.
- State Highlights: N.H. Explores Why Its Health Care Costs Are High, Rising; Calif. Lawmakers To Weigh Open Health Care Data April 24, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 12 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Author Archives: Andy Van Pelt
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
A new cadre of smart phone users now has access to their OHSU patient records thanks to a new Android application. Last year, the MyChart application was released for Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads. Now Android users have access to their health … Continue reading
Over the past year, Samaritan Albany General Hospital (SAGH) has partnered with Aligning Forces for Quality, an initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, aimed at increasing the overall health of the community. SAGH has chosen to focus on reducing … Continue reading
New Oregon hospital data from the Hospital Compare patient safety measures data set has been added to our website. In addition to updating the existing categories, patients being treated for a heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, asthma (children only) or … Continue reading
Sky Lakes Medical Center in Klamath Falls
In 2008, the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS) launched its Hand Hygiene initiative, “Help Us Help You.” Over the years this program has focused on empowering individuals to ask questions of their health care providers regarding hand … Continue reading
Alexandra Wilson Pecci, for HealthLeaders Media , September 28, 2011 Duane Francis knew he had to give a frontline caregiver program a shot when his chief nursing officer first brought it to his attention. “It was right in our wheelhouse,” … Continue reading