- Veterans Face Transportation Barriers When Seeking VA Health Care September 4, 2015Meanwhile, an inspector general report finds “serious” problems with enrollment data among the wider Department of Veterans Affairs issues delaying care.
- Cheaper? First New Biosimilar Drug Still Expensive — For Now September 4, 2015The price of Zarxio, made by Novartis, will likely be 15 percent lower eventually than Amgen's Neupogen -- but The Washington Post says that the actual spending on the drugs in the short term will be much closer. Pharmaceutical companies are bracing for a barrage of biosimilar drugs that could cut into their profits. Elsewhere, more seniors find themsel […]
- State Highlights: Calif. Deal With Key Unions Advances Idea Of Paying Forward For Retiree Health Benefits; Ohio High Court To Hear Medical Records Case September 3, 2015Health care stories are reported from California, Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, North Carolina, Minnesota, California and Nebraska.
- Veterans Face Transportation Barriers When Seeking VA Health Care September 4, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 1 year ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 2 years ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 2 years ago
Author Archives: Andy Van Pelt
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
A new cadre of smart phone users now has access to their OHSU patient records thanks to a new Android application. Last year, the MyChart application was released for Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads. Now Android users have access to their health … Continue reading
Over the past year, Samaritan Albany General Hospital (SAGH) has partnered with Aligning Forces for Quality, an initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, aimed at increasing the overall health of the community. SAGH has chosen to focus on reducing … Continue reading
New Oregon hospital data from the Hospital Compare patient safety measures data set has been added to our website. In addition to updating the existing categories, patients being treated for a heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, asthma (children only) or … Continue reading
Sky Lakes Medical Center in Klamath Falls
In 2008, the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS) launched its Hand Hygiene initiative, “Help Us Help You.” Over the years this program has focused on empowering individuals to ask questions of their health care providers regarding hand … Continue reading
Alexandra Wilson Pecci, for HealthLeaders Media , September 28, 2011 Duane Francis knew he had to give a frontline caregiver program a shot when his chief nursing officer first brought it to his attention. “It was right in our wheelhouse,” … Continue reading