- Viewpoints: More On Medicare’s 50th Anniversary; Contemplating Health Spending’s Trajectory; Planned Parenthood Responds July 30, 2015A selection of opinions on health care from around the country.
- Pentagon’s $4.3B Electronic Health Records Contract Awarded To Leidos, Cerner And Accenture Team July 30, 2015The work will include overhauling the Pentagon’s health records for about 9.5 million active military and veteran beneficiaries at about 1,000 sites worldwide. The contract starts at 10 years but could extend to 18 years and $9 billion.
- House OKs Bill To Make It Easier To Fire VA Employees July 30, 2015The measure is part of lawmakers' ongoing frustration about the slow pace of change at the agency, which bill backers say hasn't responded quickly enough to the scandal over long waits for veterans seeking medical care. It faces a White House veto threat.
- Viewpoints: More On Medicare’s 50th Anniversary; Contemplating Health Spending’s Trajectory; Planned Parenthood Responds July 30, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 1 year ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 2 years ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 2 years ago
Author Archives: Andy Van Pelt
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
A new cadre of smart phone users now has access to their OHSU patient records thanks to a new Android application. Last year, the MyChart application was released for Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads. Now Android users have access to their health … Continue reading
Over the past year, Samaritan Albany General Hospital (SAGH) has partnered with Aligning Forces for Quality, an initiative supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, aimed at increasing the overall health of the community. SAGH has chosen to focus on reducing … Continue reading
New Oregon hospital data from the Hospital Compare patient safety measures data set has been added to our website. In addition to updating the existing categories, patients being treated for a heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, asthma (children only) or … Continue reading
Sky Lakes Medical Center in Klamath Falls
In 2008, the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS) launched its Hand Hygiene initiative, “Help Us Help You.” Over the years this program has focused on empowering individuals to ask questions of their health care providers regarding hand … Continue reading
Alexandra Wilson Pecci, for HealthLeaders Media , September 28, 2011 Duane Francis knew he had to give a frontline caregiver program a shot when his chief nursing officer first brought it to his attention. “It was right in our wheelhouse,” … Continue reading