- Study Finds Doctors Order Fewer Preventive Services For Medicaid Patients July 2, 2015Researchers report in the journal Health Affairs that doctors are less likely to include some preventive care services in appointments with women covered by Medicaid than in those with women who are privately insured.
- State Highlights: L.A. OKs Pact To Boost Nursing Home Inspections; Mass. AG Focuses On Barriers To Mental Health Care July 1, 2015News outlets report on health care developments in California, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Tennessee,
- High Costs Of Life-Saving Drugs Are Piling Financial Pressure On People With Serious Illnesses July 1, 2015Meanwhile, Politico Pro reports that some states are attempting to tackle the growing cost of medications.
- Study Finds Doctors Order Fewer Preventive Services For Medicaid Patients July 2, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 1 year ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 2 years ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 2 years ago
Category Archives: Video
Therapy dogs can work wonders for hospital patients and their families. Check out some of the furry critters at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
We’ve put together a short video featuring participants of the Partnership for Patients initiative. Hear what these health care professionals have to say about their efforts to increase quality and reduce errors in health care. Oregon Partnership for Patients from … Continue reading
On Thursday, August 23, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANNC) awarded OHSU Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence. The designation is no small achievement. It is only awarded to hospitals that meet the highest standards of patient care. In fact, only … Continue reading
This video by PeaceHealth is a great example of everything that goes into caring for a stroke patient. It features Carlton Schaffer and his wife, Arlene, of Florence, Oregon. Arlene first describes what happened: “We were having a discussion and … Continue reading
Tuality Healthcare in Hillsboro recently unveiled an advanced piece of equipment that puts it at the forefront of CT scanning procedures in the Pacific Northwest. The new Philips Ingenuity 128 channel CT scanner offers high-resolution X-ray images for viewing by … Continue reading
John Juras, 61, of Salem, is a true fighter and survivor. “If it wasn’t for this team at Salem Hospital, I’d be dead,” he said. His girlfriend drove him to Salem Hospital on April 4 after he felt chest pains. … Continue reading
Physicians and staff at Salem Hospital worked together and made some dramatic changes in November 2010 by creating the Joint Replacement Center Of Excellence (JRCOE), with the specific goal of improving patient outcomes. In its first year of service, the … Continue reading
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
Check it out — Jim Diegel, CEO of St. Charles Health System, talks about integrated delivery in Central Oregon. The health care industry is poised to fundamentally change, with health care reform in full swing and revenue shortfalls both statewide … Continue reading