- Hospital Quality Measures
This data, by hospital, shows whether or not hospitals provide some of the care that is recommended for patients being treated for a heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, asthma (children only) or patients having surgery. It also includes results from the patient satisfaction/experience survey received after an individual stay. This data is collected by the US Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- First, Do No Harm
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission’s 2011 Report on Adverse Events and Never Events
- Patient Safety
HealthGrades’ Eighth Annual Patient Safety in American Hospitals Report
- Reducing Infections
The Oregon Health Authority’s Oregon Healthcare Acquired Infections 2009-2010 Report
- Your Care, Your Choice
Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey of Patient Satisfaction
- Hawaii Vets Get Health Care Vouchers November 20, 2014Hawaii is one of only three states that do not have VA medical centers, and a national program allowing veterans to seek care elsewhere has begun there. In Washington, meanwhile, a veteran's mother asks Congress for better suicide prevention services for those experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Study: Older Americans Less Able To Afford Health Care Than Seniors In Other Nations November 20, 2014The study, by the Commonwealth Fund, looked at the health of seniors in America compared to those in 10 other developed nations and also found older Americans were sicker than their counterparts elsewhere.
- Employer Survey Shows Shifts In Cost To Employees With High Deductible Plans November 20, 2014The survey by Mercer explores the impact of high-deductible plans. Meanwhile, Health News Colorado reports on a survey in that state that found employer health insurance costs are going up 8 percent for 2015, but most continue to offer coverage.
- Hawaii Vets Get Health Care Vouchers November 20, 2014
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 6 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago