- Hospital-Acquired Condition Penalties By State December 19, 2014Medicare is reducing payments to 721 hospitals with high rates of infections or other medical complications. About 1,400 hospitals, including all in Maryland, are excluded from the program and Medicare did not assess their rates of patient harm.
- 721 Hospitals Penalized For Patient Safety December 19, 2014Medicare is penalizing 721 hospitals with high rates of potentially avoidable mistakes that can harm patients, known as "hospital-acquired conditions." Penalized hospitals will have their Medicare payments reduced by 1 percent over the fiscal year that runs from October 2014 through September 2015. To determine penalties, Medicare evaluated three t […]
- Research Roundup: Lowering Premiums; Basic Health Program Options; Slowdown In Medicare Spending December 19, 2014Each week, KHN compiles a selection of recently released health policy studies and briefs.
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Penalties By State December 19, 2014
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 7 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Team Vitality
A front line care program currently being implemented in a number of hospitals around the state is showing positive results, according to a recent survey of health care staff. The program, “Transforming Care at the Bedside,” or TCAB, empowers front-line … Continue reading