- Hospital-Acquired Condition Penalties By State December 19, 2014Medicare is reducing payments to 721 hospitals with high rates of infections or other medical complications. About 1,400 hospitals, including all in Maryland, are excluded from the program and Medicare did not assess their rates of patient harm.
- 721 Hospitals Penalized For Patient Safety December 19, 2014Medicare is penalizing 721 hospitals with high rates of potentially avoidable mistakes that can harm patients, known as "hospital-acquired conditions." Penalized hospitals will have their Medicare payments reduced by 1 percent over the fiscal year that runs from October 2014 through September 2015. To determine penalties, Medicare evaluated three t […]
- Research Roundup: Lowering Premiums; Basic Health Program Options; Slowdown In Medicare Spending December 19, 2014Each week, KHN compiles a selection of recently released health policy studies and briefs.
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Penalties By State December 19, 2014
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 7 months ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Tuality Healthcare
Dr. Srinivas Mummadi, a pulmonary disease specialist at Tuality Healthcare, performed a breakthrough lung procedure on a 58-year-old Beaverton woman patient who suffers from severe asthma on Friday at Tuality Community Hospital in Hillsboro. The 45-minute procedure, called a bronchial … Continue reading
For decades, organizations like the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the March of Dimes have been promoting the importance of full-term pregnancies—those naturally reaching at least 39 weeks gestation—yet early elective deliveries still account for 10-15 percent … Continue reading
Tuality Healthcare’s mammography vehicle, which travels to businesses and organizations throughout the Portland metro area, provides exams that take 15 minutes. It’s the only one of its kind in Oregon. Click the video to see more:
Tuality Healthcare’s award-winning stroke team brought home another piece of impressive hardware last week, winning the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GoldPlus Quality Achievement Award presented by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. The award recognizes Tuality for … Continue reading
Fourteen local hospitals are taking part in a prestigious national program to improve the quality and safety of patient care. It is a virtual network where they develop, share, and implement quality improvement tools and strategies. The effort is part … Continue reading
Tuality Healthcare in Hillsboro recently unveiled an advanced piece of equipment that puts it at the forefront of CT scanning procedures in the Pacific Northwest. The new Philips Ingenuity 128 channel CT scanner offers high-resolution X-ray images for viewing by … Continue reading
Twenty-nine hospitals in Oregon joined more than 1,600 hospitals across the nation in kicking off the Partnership for Patients (PfP) initiative today with a nationwide webcast, giving participants an introduction to the program and advice on how to get started. … Continue reading