- A Top Medical School Revamps Requirements — To Lure English Majors May 27, 2015At Mount Sinai Medical School in New York City, many of the medical students majored in things like English or history, and they never took the MCAT. The institution sees that diversity as one of its biggest strengths.
- State Highlights: N.Y. Home Health Care Standards; Nursing Shortage In Ill.; W.Va. 20-Week Abortion Ban In Effect May 27, 2015News outlets report on health issues from New York, Illinois, West Virginia, California, Kentucky, Puerto Rico, Kansas, North Carolina, New Jersey and Missouri.
- Insurers, Drug-Benefit Managers Seek To Link Drug Prices To Effectiveness May 27, 2015The sky-rocketing costs for new drugs are propelling the effort. But pharmaceutical companies suggest there are better ways to set new pricing models. Also in the news, two patients are suing Anthem Blue Cross, alleging that the insurer would not pay for an expensive new Hepatitis C drug, and a rebuff by the Supreme Court is raising interest among drug maker […]
- A Top Medical School Revamps Requirements — To Lure English Majors May 27, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 1 year ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Wallowa Memorial Hospital
The sensation hits you abruptly. You have difficulty speaking or comprehending what’s going on around you. You lose feeling in an arm or leg. Your head is pounding. These are some of the telltale symptoms of stroke, and it is … Continue reading
During a trip to Portland, USDA Rural Utilities Service Administrator Jonathan Adelstein visited Providence St. Vincent Medical Center to see firsthand how lifesaving Telestroke technology can help save the lives of stroke sufferers in remote rural areas. A $253,000 USDA … Continue reading
Twenty-nine hospitals in Oregon joined more than 1,600 hospitals across the nation in kicking off the Partnership for Patients (PfP) initiative today with a nationwide webcast, giving participants an introduction to the program and advice on how to get started. … Continue reading