- Study Tracks Patients After Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation May 29, 2015The often poor outcomes raise questions about who should be a candidate for such care and what their families should be told. Meanwhile, researchers are using video games to target issues ranging from cancer to teen pregnancy and electronic health records become a prime target for hackers.
- Former Congressman Alleges Capitol Physicians Failed To Alert Him To Cancer Threat May 29, 2015Former Rep. Steve LaTourette, R-Ohio, who is battling pancreatic cancer, says the doctors failed to give him important information about a lesion on the pancreas and the need for follow-up appointments. Also in the news, Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., pledges renewed support for community health clinics.
- N.C. Man’s Saga Shows Continuing Coverage Gaps May 29, 2015The Charlotte Observer looks into the story of a man who quit his job and, therefore, no longer qualified for a federal insurance subsidy in North Carolina -- just before he became ill with a potentially deadly intestinal infection. Meanwhile, Politico Pro reports how some states are seeking to shield mid-size companies from Obamacare requirements and The Fi […]
- Study Tracks Patients After Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation May 29, 2015
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 1 year ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 1 year ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: washing
In 2008, the Oregon Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (OAHHS) launched its Hand Hygiene initiative, “Help Us Help You.” Over the years this program has focused on empowering individuals to ask questions of their health care providers regarding hand … Continue reading
St. Charles Health System is launching a hand washing campaign geared at encouraging patients to remind their caregivers to wash or sanitize their hands to avoid spreading infectious diseases. “Hand hygiene is the No. 1 factor in reducing transmission of … Continue reading