- Viewpoints: Despite Good News, Anthem May Have Worries; Health Care And Partisanship July 28, 2016A selection of opinions on health care from around the country.
- UPMC Pays $2.5M To Settle Overbilling Charges In Federal Whistleblower Lawsuit July 28, 2016In other news, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center moves forward in its plan to develop closer ties with two other hospitals, Pennsylvania's Riddle Hospital receives a $16 million gift and a Florida malpractice case raises questions about the business of medicine.
- Vertex’s Cystic Fibrosis Drug On Track To Become ‘Blockbuster’ In Its First Year July 28, 2016The sales from Orkambi helped the company narrow its second-quarter losses. In other pharmaceutical news, Brexit is a mixed bag for GlaxoSmithKline and Teva wins approval to purchase Allergan's generics business.
- Viewpoints: Despite Good News, Anthem May Have Worries; Health Care And Partisanship July 28, 2016
- Thank you alliance #pba14 for focusing on health care. Great presentation. http://t.co/0r1AYt43kB 2 years ago
- RT @ahahospitals: Applications being accepted for 2014 award honoring hospitals pursing excellence thru leadership + innovation http://t.co… 3 years ago
- RT @OHSUNews: The Harold Schnitzer #Diabetes Health Center helps advance research toward an artificial pancreas. Learn more: http://t.co/Nf… 3 years ago
Category Archives: Video
Therapy dogs can work wonders for hospital patients and their families. Check out some of the furry critters at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
We’ve put together a short video featuring participants of the Partnership for Patients initiative. Hear what these health care professionals have to say about their efforts to increase quality and reduce errors in health care. Oregon Partnership for Patients from … Continue reading
On Thursday, August 23, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANNC) awarded OHSU Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence. The designation is no small achievement. It is only awarded to hospitals that meet the highest standards of patient care. In fact, only … Continue reading
This video by PeaceHealth is a great example of everything that goes into caring for a stroke patient. It features Carlton Schaffer and his wife, Arlene, of Florence, Oregon. Arlene first describes what happened: “We were having a discussion and … Continue reading
Tuality Healthcare in Hillsboro recently unveiled an advanced piece of equipment that puts it at the forefront of CT scanning procedures in the Pacific Northwest. The new Philips Ingenuity 128 channel CT scanner offers high-resolution X-ray images for viewing by … Continue reading
John Juras, 61, of Salem, is a true fighter and survivor. “If it wasn’t for this team at Salem Hospital, I’d be dead,” he said. His girlfriend drove him to Salem Hospital on April 4 after he felt chest pains. … Continue reading
Physicians and staff at Salem Hospital worked together and made some dramatic changes in November 2010 by creating the Joint Replacement Center Of Excellence (JRCOE), with the specific goal of improving patient outcomes. In its first year of service, the … Continue reading
OAHHS produced a short infographic to convey the key points around Oregon’s health care transformation bill HB3650 — specifically the creation of CCOs, Community Care Organizations. Help us spread the message about what CCOs mean for Oregon.
Check it out — Jim Diegel, CEO of St. Charles Health System, talks about integrated delivery in Central Oregon. The health care industry is poised to fundamentally change, with health care reform in full swing and revenue shortfalls both statewide … Continue reading